6.14.2012

Jude 5 Months



Well really almost six months, considering he will be six months old one week from Friday. YIKES! I can't believe my baby boy is basically six months old already, time has gone by so fast! And, I can't believe I'm that behind on getting Jude's five month update posted!

Since, Lord willing, I will get Jude's six month update done in a much more timely fashion, this month is going to be really short and mostly pictures. Next time, since he will be a whole HALF A YEAR OLD, I will do a more detailed post then.



On a side note, there has been some reason for the post being so late, not that I'm trying to make excuses, it's just there hasn't been as much spare time as normal. This has been our life in the past 3+ weeks since Jude turned 5 months old:

1. One week before we had some company coming to visit, that hadn't seen our house yet or met Jude, I discovered a major issue in our basement...
I went down to my craft area to put some things away (as I was beginning to clean for company) and noticed a wet spot on the floor since I was barefoot (and thank goodness I was, otherwise who knows how long it would have taken us to notice). I looked around for a tipped over iron etc. that would have spilled water, but found nothing. Then I proceeded to feel around on the floor closer to the wall, the carpet was definitely wet, and there was NO WAY any small water spill could have caused it, as the carpet right next to the wall was wet enough to ring out. OH GREAT! We had company coming in a week, I had a lot to get done in the house and I really didn't need to deal with this too! To make a long story short, I spent several days cleaning and sorting through wet, moldy cardboard and clearing everything from my craft area that I could lift on my own out of my room and into Josiah's game room. On a positive note my craft area is now slowly becoming more put together and organized than it ever was before (hopefully a post soon to follow).

2. My aunt and cousin stopped by on their way from Illinois to Oregon. I am so glad that they were able to stop by and meet Jude!

3. Graduation. We didn't go to any graduations, but went to a couple open houses that basically took up a day.

4. Memorial Day.We went to a picnic that day and had several other things going on that week.

5. VBS Both Josiah and I helped with Vacation Bible School at our church this year, and it was such a blast!        Josiah was the teacher for the 5-6 grade class and I did games for all the classes ( thankfully all the different grade levels had individual game times). That is always a rewarding experience, but also exhausting! So I didn't get a whole lot done last week, even though VBS was just in the mornings.

So there is a synopsis of our past fun filled weeks! Now on to the exciting part for you, I'm sure, pictures of Jude! Sorry for the picture quality, they are all from my phone :(




Jude & his cousin Lillian on Mother's Day


He is so precious when he sleeps...what a perfect way to end this entry.

1 comment: